The Ukrainian Social Academy together with the Renovabis is launching a project to improve social services in the united territorial communities!
The Ukrainian Social Academy and Renovabis are launching a project to improve social services in the united territorial communities.
The aim of the project is to provide support to local communities, NGOs and social entrepreneurs in Chernivtsi, Volyn, Rivne and Khmelnytsky regions, to strengthen their capacity to provide residents with quality social services and improve coverage of vulnerable groups.
The introduction of decentralization reform in Ukraine has led to the development of local self-government. Unified territorial communities have emerged, taking on new areas of power. One of them is social assistance for people who need it because they find themselves in difficult life circumstances. Local authorities must be close to them and provide them with decent living conditions. This is not easy, given the huge development needs of local governments. Also, NGOs and social entrepreneurs can be more actively involved in the provision of social services, research the needs of the community, be interested in the possibilities of financing their own projects at the expense of communities. The transfer of part of the state social services to the sphere of social entrepreneurship would improve the quality of services provided through the development of competition. Only on the principles of competition can the appropriate level of quality be maintained (and its state must take into account when allocating funding).
The project consists of six components:
1) Training seminars on the management of social services in OTG
It is planned to hold three three-day seminars for participants in cooperation with the Ukrainian Catholic University, which will take place in Chernivtsi, Khmelnytsky and Lutsk, if possible due to quarantine restrictions due to Covid-19. Topics of training seminars:
- assessment of the needs and capacity of OTG in the provision of social services;
- ability to identify strengths and areas for improvement;
- analysis and forecasting of needs for social services;
- development of plans for solving social problems and providing social services.
At least 50% of the seminar time will be devoted to exercises, group work, practical advice and examples.
2) Fund of small projects
The project in 2021 will announce the selection of own community projects aimed at developing a system of social services in communities. The four best applications from each oblast will receive co-financing from the Ukrainian Social Academy in the amount of up to $ 7,000 each.
3) Forum of good practices
This is a one-day final conference scheduled for June 2022. The purpose of the event is to present the results of the project and communicate with the participants.
4) PORADA program for religious and public organizations working in the social sphere
During 2022-2024 in 8 pilot ROs of Chernivtsi, Kamyanets-Podilsky Dioceses and Lutsk Exarchate with the technical support of international and national experts:
– an assessment of the needs for social services and an assessment of the institutional capacity of organizations in their provision;
– developed plans for the development of social services in communities and communication strategy for the organization;
– support was provided in the preparation of proposals for participation in the grant competition;
– training activities on the development and administration of the system of social services in the community, taking into account the experience and practices of European countries;
– providing each organization with a grant from the Ukrainian Social Academy in the amount of up to 7 thousand dollars for the implementation of strategies.